Scroll to Top
Welcome, Guest. Please register or login to view all our content. 12 Online Chat (1)
  • IN A TORONTO MINUTE…

    by Tosh McIntosh

    …don’t blink, you might miss something!  Excitement reigns supreme, or you are not a Blue Jays fan. Not to say that you necessarily must agree with everything that is taking place, the moves that are being made, have been made or the direction which you perceive the team to be going, but you must be excited by all the activity.  You must be excited, if you are a fan, because the biggest two complaints across the board this past year, from players, fans and from the media was predominantly with the lack of activity in the movement of player...

  • In The News

    Lucas’ Latest: Jays in on the panda, does Navarro stay or go?

    Blue Jays - Lucas' Latest
    by casaletto2

    Well, we never thought that Russell Martin signing here was a realistic possibility, but it happened. A day before the Jays signed the Canadian catcher to a five year, $82 million contract, reports had him and the Chicago Cubs as the perfect fit. It’s probably unlikely to happen twice but the story is very similar with free agent third baseman Pablo Sandoval. The Boston Red Sox seem like the clear favorite here, with one source claiming that there is a “90 per cent chance” the Sox sign the Panda. The other 10 percent? Goes to...

  • Well, What's Next?

    More Moves to Come, Or A Silence Signing?

    Russell Martin
    by bluejaysmemes

    5 years, $82 million. It’s the largest free agent contract signing by the Blue Jays that I can remember; and it’s going to East York-born catcher Russell Martin. As of writing this, I haven’t seen how the contract breaks down, but it averages out to $16.4 million a season.** I personally don’t remember the last time the Blue Jays have signed a free agent to this type of contract. Even in the glory years, a lot of the key players were acquired via trade, and the free agents we did sign didn’t get nearly this much –...

IN A TORONTO MINUTE…

Posted on: Nov 21 2014 - 5:53am | #0
In: Articles
Tosh McIntosh

…don’t blink, you might miss something!  Excitement reigns supreme, or you are not a Blue Jays fan. Not to say that you necessarily must agree with everything that is taking place, the moves that are being made, have been made or the direction which you perceive the team to be going, but you must be excited by all the activity.  You must be excited, if you are a fan, because the biggest two complaints across the board this past year, from players, fans and from the media was predominantly with the lack of activity in the movement of player personnel when progress on the field appeared to have stalled and the unwillingness of the organization to open the wallet! We are only two-thirds of the way through the first month after the 2014 World...

Russell Martin

More Moves to Come, Or A Silence Signing?

5 years, $82 million. It’s the largest free agent contract signing by the Blue Jays that I can remember; and it’s going to East York-born catcher Russell Martin. As of writing this, I haven’t seen how the contract breaks down, but it averages out to $16.4 million a season.** I personally don’t remember the last time the Blue Jays have signed a free agent to this type of contract. Even in the glory years, a lot of the key players were acquired via trade, and the free agents we did sign didn’t get nearly this much –...

Posted on: Nov 18 2014 - 9:10pm | #0
In: Articles, Hotstove
bluejaysmemes
Blue Jays 2015
Posted on: Nov 17 2014 - 9:25pm | #0
In: Articles
Shaun MacDonald

Bienvenue Monsieur Martin!

So, apparently your internet bills will be increasing. Rogers and Blue Jays General Manager Alex Anthopoulos opened up the purse strings today. They signed free agent catcher Russell...

Winds of Change!

Seeds & Droppings

NOT just blowing wind! If Alex Anthopoulos does nothing else this off-season, in regard to player acquisition and change (Personally, I believe he is only getting started!), he has already fulfilled both his and Paul Beeston’s promises. Those promises inferred that the Jays would be active, would do what needed to be done to improve the team to turn it into a legitimate ‘contender’...

September Call-Ups: The Prospects

Daniel Norris

September is quickly approaching, and while the Jays’ post-season hopes are in despair, all is not lost. The MLB rosters are set to expand on Monday, September 1st. This means that every team’s roster will include...

Daniel Norris

Daniel Norris’ Impressive Season Continues

If you haven’t heard of Blue Jays pitching prospect Daniel Norris, now is probably a good time to start taking notice. The...

Member Login

Forgot Password?

Join Us

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.