The series finale between the Blue Jays and White Sox on Wednesday June 12th was postponed due to inclement weather.
The game was called 6 hours before it was scheduled to begin. The Blue Jays arrived at the ballpark at 2 pm, and they were gone 30 minutes later in an effort to beat the storm.
While a makeup game has not yet been announced, there are a few mutual off days in the coming months that could fit the ticket.
“After we got to the ballpark, it’s supposed to be brutal weather coming. There’s a chance we couldn’t have got out of here. There’s supposed to be hail and possible tornadoes in the area I think.” – Blue Jays manager John Gibbons.
The Blue Jays left Chicago en route Southbound to Arlington, Texas — with a four-game series against the Rangers set to kick off on Thursday night.
Thank you Rogers Center and your beautiful DOME. This doesn’t happen in Toronto folks — good thing, with that wacky Southern Ontario weather! #LoveTheDome
- Texas/Toronto series preview by Richard Griffin.
- Do you think Jose Bautista should be traded? This guy does.
- Edwin Encarnacion is in danger of being snubbed for the All-Star game, help him!
- “Defending JPA Won’t Fly” from a Drunk Jays Fan perspective. On that note, he’s “under a harsh spotlight” per Mike Wilner.
- Munenori Kawasaki’s version of “O’ Canada.”
- Esmil Rogers or Chad Jenkins?
- VIDEO: Good Lind Lost in bad Jays.
- There Blue Jays shouldn’t panic, here’s why.
The Blue Jays are a unique team with a unique fan base -- we're the only team in Major League Baseball to play in Canada, and the only non-American team in history to win the World Series. Blue Jays fans support our team. We became the first Major League club ever to draw over four million fans in one season, and we did it three times.
|FINAL - Streak: 2 wins
W: Happ, L: Gallardo
|Time: 2:52 - Attendance: 47,305|