The series finale between the Blue Jays and White Sox on Wednesday June 12th was postponed due to inclement weather.
The game was called 6 hours before it was scheduled to begin. The Blue Jays arrived at the ballpark at 2 pm, and they were gone 30 minutes later in an effort to beat the storm.
While a makeup game has not yet been announced, there are a few mutual off days in the coming months that could fit the ticket.
“After we got to the ballpark, it’s supposed to be brutal weather coming. There’s a chance we couldn’t have got out of here. There’s supposed to be hail and possible tornadoes in the area I think.” - Blue Jays manager John Gibbons.
The Blue Jays left Chicago en route Southbound to Arlington, Texas — with a four-game series against the Rangers set to kick off on Thursday night.
Thank you Rogers Center and your beautiful DOME. This doesn’t happen in Toronto folks — good thing, with that wacky Southern Ontario weather! #LoveTheDome
- Texas/Toronto series preview by Richard Griffin.
- Do you think Jose Bautista should be traded? This guy does.
- Edwin Encarnacion is in danger of being snubbed for the All-Star game, help him!
- “Defending JPA Won’t Fly” from a Drunk Jays Fan perspective. On that note, he’s “under a harsh spotlight” per Mike Wilner.
- Munenori Kawasaki’s version of “O’ Canada.”
- Esmil Rogers or Chad Jenkins?
- VIDEO: Good Lind Lost in bad Jays.
- There Blue Jays shouldn’t panic, here’s why.